IV therapy is one of the most effective ways to treat food poisoning. IV therapy works by rapidly giving the person a large number of fluids and nutrients. This helps to restore the body's balance and relieve symptoms. It is important to remember that IV therapy for foodborne illness should only be given to people who are seriously ill and cannot eat or drink anything.
Image source: Google
If you are experiencing food poisoning, there is a good chance that antibiotics will be the first line of defense. Antibiotics work by killing the bacteria that is causing your infection.
However, antibiotics can also kill the good bacteria in your gut, which is important for healthy digestion. If you are prescribed antibiotics for food poisoning, it is important to take them as directed and to avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medications that could interact with them.
If antibiotics are not an option or if they are not working, you may need to consider intravenous therapy. IV therapy is a powerful tool for treating food poisoning and can be life-saving. In IV therapy, a needle is inserted into a vein in your arm and a liquid (usually sterile water) is slowly injected into your veins over several minutes or hours.
This liquid helps to flush out the bacteria from your system and can cure most cases of food poisoning. However, like with antibiotics, IV therapy can also kill good bacteria in your gut, so it is important to take special precautions if you are scheduled for IV therapy for food poisoning.